CBT 50cc auto and Geared 125cc

Compulsory basic training (CBT) is a course you usually have to take before you ride a moped or motorcycle on the road. This training makes sure you can ride safely on your own while you practise for your full moped or motorcycle test.

After you’ve completed CBT, you can ride a: moped if you’re 16 or over motorcycle up to 125cc and with a power output of up to 11kW if you’re 17 or over You must use L plates (L or D plates in Wales). You must pass your full moped or motorcycle test within 2 years, or you have to either take CBT again or stop riding.

Read more

A2 licence

The A2 licence is available to you if you are between 19 and 24 years of age and have successfully completed a CBT

This allows you to ride a bike of a power output of no more than 35kW (47BhP). A2 licence bikes will have at least 395cc and a power output of between 25kW and 35kW. Once you have completed your A2 Licence, you will have a full restricted motorcycle licence, this means, you can ride an intermediate motorcycle with no L plates, carry a passenger, be able to go to motorways.

Read more

Direct Access (DAS) A Licence

The DAS Licence (Category A) is for those aged 24 or over, or those who have held an A2 licence for at least two years.

The category A licence is an unrestricted motorcycle licence that you obtain by taking a Direct Access (DAS) course and test. A full motorcycle licence entitling you to ride any size of machine is gained through this course/tests.

The Direct Access Scheme (DAS) allows riders aged 24 years old and over the option of receiving professional motorcycle training and taking the full motorcycle tests on a large motorcycle of over 595cc with a minimum power output of 40 kW. When you pass your DAS Licence you will have a full licence that allows you to ride any motorcycle of any size or power, as well as being able to ride a motorcycle with no L plates, carry a passenger, and also allowing motorway access.

Read More

07725 470412